Rize Inc. is seeking an experienced firmware/embedded software engineer responsible for developing and sustaining embedded software for 3D printers. The candidate will interact with system engineers and architects to perform full software engineering life-cycle tasks, including requirements analysis, design implementation, integration test, documentation and maintenance. The incumbent in this role must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This person will manage multiple projects and prioritize product development tasks. The Firmware/ Embedded Software Engineer must have strong problem solving and analysis skills along with adequate verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- -A background in embedded software design and 2-5 years of relevant experience
- -Hands-on experience implementing real-time software with hardware-software interfaces
- -Use and understanding of real-time operating systems
- -Microcontroller programming experience using C and/or C++
- -Familiarity with low level protocols such as RS232, SPI, I2C
- -Experience with stepper motor control.
- -Experience with PID control.
- -Debugging with tools such as oscilloscopes and logic analyzers.
- -Program development using QNX or Linux operating systems
- -Device driver development
- -C, C++, Python programming languages
- -Proficiency with Verilog
- -Ability to analyze and debug system performance issues
- -Experience bringing up H/W
If this describes you, please email your cover letter and resume in strict confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.