Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Supply Chain & Manufacturing is responsible for developing and implementing Rize's operations and supply chain strategy to support the company’s aggressive growth trajectory. This includes implementing best practices in new product launches, materials management, short and long-term production planning, nationwide and international logistics solutions, and supplier relationship management. This role is also responsible for the field service organization that supports Rize's customers nationwide. The Head of Supply Chain will be instrumental in shaping the company’s future and will play a key role in the organization's growth strategy for 2018 and beyond.
More specific responsibilities will include:
- -Ensure scalability of production and logistics as Rize progresses through years of rapid growth.
- -Take the lead on two supply chains: machines and consumables.
- -Oversee our relationships with a Tier 1 international Contractor and Materials Manufacturers and manage / develop relationships with other suppliers.
- -Help set and own KPIs for production quality, BOM cost reduction, shipping cost reductions, and other key metrics.
- -Lead technical sourcing efforts, working closely with Rize's engineering team as well as our contract manufacturers to identify product components that meet technical and business specifications.
- -Oversee implementation, integrations, and improvements of ERP and order management system.
- -Partner with engineering team to set launch schedules and cost targets for new products, and to institute/manage the Engineering Change Order (ECO) process.
- -Bring new products to market on schedule and within budget. Manage new product introductions including component sourcing, schedules, ramp-up to volume, and ongoing BOM cost reductions.
- -Partner with heads of sales and finance departments to improve and manage the Sales & Operations Process (S&OP), ensuring frequent communication and ongoing alignment. Lead cross-functional production reviews.
- -As a member of Rize's Management Team, participate in weekly meetings to set company strategy and assess progress towards business goals.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- -Experience taking multiple hardware / 3D Printing/ Robotics products from prototype stage to full production, preferably in a venture-backed start-up environment.
- -Experience handling the manufacturing and supply chain elements of sustaining a product, making improvements in new versions, and eventually handling end-of-life.
- -A track record of sourcing components and negotiating to meet BOM targets.
- -Experience working with engineers and designers to make tradeoffs between cost targets and design goals to develop ultimate manufacturing specifications.
- -A history of forging and maintaining relationships with contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- -Experience coordinating shipping and returns and optimizing shipping vs. storage costs.
- -Hands-on experience implementing ERP software.
- -10+ years of experience in operations, logistics, or manufacturing roles.
- -A BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Research, or similar technical discipline.
- -Ability to stay focused and achieve results in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- -Ability to work effectively in a highly cross-functional environment, being a true partner to colleagues in engineering, field operations, sales, and finance.
- -Strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- -Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- -Great multi-tasking skills: is comfortable taking direct responsibility for a number of activities without substantial supporting personnel.
Personal Attributes and Character Strengths:
- -Humble and a team player. When things go wrong, we’re looking for someone who jumps in and starts helping, rather than focusing on who made a mistake.
- -Hard-working and self-motivated.
- -A problem solver: The successful candidate will quickly and innovatively react to changes and problems that occur in our product development process.
If this describes you and your interested, please email your cover letter and resume in strict confidence to: email@example.com